Medicare & Dental Insurance
Unfortunately, Original Medicare dental coverage such as coverage for services like dental exams, cleanings, fillings, crowns, bridges, plates, or dentures. There are some exceptions, but in general Medicare does not cover dental coverage.
You have a few options to get dental coverage:
- You can get a Medicare Advantage that includes dental coverage or offers it as a rider.
- You can purchase a stand alone dental insurance. This would have a monthly premium, deductible, co-insurance, and can have waiting periods.
- You can see if you can stay on your employers dental plan after you retire. Some employers offer this benefit to their retirees.
- You can see if you can join a spouse’s employer dental plan.
- You can join a dental savings club. This is membership that will offer discounts at certain dental offices.